Latest Profiles
recent

Interview with a ghanian,Kingsley Kojo Antwi an undergraduate and a great Poet…

Kingsley Kojo Antwi is a great man from ghana,despite his busy schedules as an undergraduate student of Information Technology at Winneba University of Education.He wants to share with us how he has been doing his great works and managing his time,do enjoy it….
Antwi 1

CP: Please can we meet you sir?

Antwi: I’m Kingsley Kojo Antwi, the only male among my four siblings, I’m a
dreamer, Christian, a poet, screenplay writer.

CP: Tell us about your Education.

Antwi: I’m a final year Information Technology student at the
University of Education- Winneba but before then I had my junior secondary school and senior secondary school in Datus Complex School and Koforidua Secondary Technical School respectively from 2006 to 2009.

CP: Could you please tell us some of the works you have done?

Antwi: I have done so many works which I don’t think I can mention all on this platform because of time but within this year a movie I wrote was shortlist for an award in United State. It was a competition called my Rode Reel. The title of the movie is “Azuleti” which is on YouTube. I have eight written screenplay to my credit since 2010. Unfortunately, the movie couldn’t win the ultimate prize but it won the hearts of all who watched it so the production team assigned me to write a TV series on based “Azuleti” which I’m done with the screenplay for season one. I’m also a poet, last year I received an international award from the Library of Philippines and Pentasi B initiative as “Young Inspirational poet” from Africa. It was a big step in my poetry career , travelling to meet different part of the world who were also being honoured and share thoughts. I have lost count of the many poems I have written since the year 2010.

CP: What are the Impacts your works has made so far?

Antwi: The impact that my works has done is basically inspiring everyone I come in contact to
believe in his or her dreams and ultimately believe in transforming Africa with our different dreams. Success is best defined as how you touch others with your life.

CP: what has being your parent’s reactions to your works?

Antwi: My mom unfortunately didn’t have any formal education so she found it difficult to comprehend most of the works I do but she is always proud of me, my dad has formal education but he is not much interested in what I do with my talent, I believe his focus is me getting my degree and working in the cooperate world. With time he will come to accept who I have turned out to be.

CP: How do you get Money to finance your projects?

Antwi: . Financially, it’s tough to finance so it needs a lot of sacrifices from me to save money when I want embark on any project, I also have some good friends who have been supportive since day one.

CP: How do you cope with studies?

Antwi:
Combining academic work and personal projects is very challenging but I have a quote that always inspires me “How relevant would I be without school certificate?” There is a big life to fulfill than to restrict my life in only securing a certificate which I have less interest in. After all the best things formal education should give anyone is to read and write in aiding in the processing of information.

CP: What are the recognitions and Achievements your works or yourself
has gained so far?

Antwi: The following are some of the achievement I can remember now:
(i) Young Inspirational Poet Award in 2013 in the Philippines National Library and Pentasi B
(ii) Citation from Africa Leadership Agenda in 2014
(iii) Screenplay titled “Azuleti” shortlisted in Rode Reel movie competition in 2014
(iv) Vice president of Ghana Writers Awards (NGO) since 2013
(v) Got my poem showcase in Canada with Writers International Network (2014)
(vi) Owner of “The Poet and Friend Show” on facebook
(vii) Had many radio interviews with (Y fm, Kapital radio, Nkwa fm, Mynd fm) across three regions out of ten in Ghana and one online radio station in the United States via mobile phone.
(viii) Gotten many publications of my works and biographies on online portal sites. (www.poetryfoundationghana.org), (www.ghanaweb.com), (www.vivagh.com), (www.nydjlive.com) etc

CP: Who are your role models and mentors?

Antwi: My role model is Jesus Christ because in Him there is light and Salvation. At the end of the day when I leave this temporary place (earth), He has the sole mandate to judge my works and deeds before His father. My mentors are Adjei Agyei Baah of Poetry Foundation Ghana , Nana Agyeman of Poetry Foundation Ghana, Mr. Paa Kwesi Inkumsah of Africa Leadership Agenda, Mr. Samuel K. Mensah of Nkwa fm.Antwi 1
CP: Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

Antwi:
Next five years God willing , I will own the biggest and productive movie production house in Africa where I will be telling the world the true Africa stories. Empowering so many African talents. I will be married with kid(s)

CP: what advice do you have for your fellow undergraduates all over the world?

Antwi: . My advice to my fellow undergraduates is simple ; Believe in yourself, live your dreams but before you do that let God lead your path.

CP: What is your view about collegeprofiles?

Antwi: College profiles is very interesting portal site to dig in into the lives of many young Africans causing positive changes at every corner of this continent.
Collegeprofilez

Collegeprofilez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ask questions or share your views.

Powered by Blogger.