Latest Profiles
recent

Interview with Olanrewaju Gideon Oluwaseun A.K.A “Acetyl-CoA” a Final year student and a change agent…

Mr Olanrewaju Gideon OLuwaseun a 500 level student of BIOCHEMISTRY of LAUTECH despite his tight educational schedule create time to affect people’s life positively by participating actively in social work as a writer,motivational speaker,blogger and so on,let have a talk with him and hear his story…
olanrewaju

COLLEGE PROFILES: Please can we meet you sir?

OLUWASEUN: I am Olanrewaju Gideon Oluwaseun, popularly called…Acetyl-CoA.I am a final year undergraduate studying Biochemistry at LAUTECH, Ogbomoso.I am the
first born in a family of five..

COLLEGE PROFILES: Can you please tell us about your Background?

OLUWASEUN: I must confess to you that growing up was a huge challenge.I was born at a time when my dad is jobless and my mum provides the basic needs of the family through her petty trading,and as a result,my academic foundation wasn’t a solid one as i would have desired.Along the line while transiting to the secondary school,a teacher of mine picked interest in me highlighting the fact that i have a potential that is meant for many generations.I am what i am today as a result of his help.

COLLEGE PROFILES: that’s touching you know…….but What do you do aside schooling?

OLUWASEUN: laughs…thank you…aside my profession,i channel my passion and my potential towards acheiving purpose. Being an individual with sound communication skills and outstanding leadership abilities,I engage in Coaching,Training,Teaching,Branding,Volunteering,Leadership and Giving. In short,i am a columnist writer,a public speaker,a social entrepreneur,a marketing strategist and a blogger per excellence.

COLLEGE PROFILES: woooooooow!……As a Change Maker can you tell us bits of trainings,workshops,speaking engagements or even about your blog?

OLUWASEUN: My passion has always been centered on the following areas; Academic excellence for students. Personal and Professional development for all. Youth and Women Empowerment. Children and Women right advocacy. Good governance and anti corruption. Climate change,water and environmmental sanitation. With these in view,i led a group of passionate fellows to form an NGO,The Osun State Youth Vanguard that hosted a Leadership and Skill Acquisition Programme in 2009 that trained not less than 74 secondary students in 2 days. In 2011,in coalition with WOCDIF Centre Osogbo,i delivered a 43 minutes lecture on THE RIGHTS OF EVERY CHILD in commemoration of the children’s day.Also,I am the Osun State Campaign Coordinator for Voice of Youth Africa(VOYA),an NGO advocating for the betterment of Nigeria’s electioneering exercise,as a part of this body,i engage people in verbal intercourse on the need for ONE MAN,ONE VOTE,ONE YOUTH ONE VOICE to know more about this,you can visit http://www.voiceofyouthafrica.org. Also,i presently run an NGO called The Visioneers Initiatives which deals centrally on adding values positively to people and communities using motivational speaking and volunteering services.

COLLEGE PROFILES: Honestly you are already motivating me here already with your activities but how do you get funds for your various programs?

OLUWASEUN: Monetarily,it has been difficult but when you live for a purpose regardless of your financial capabilities,you must strive hard to be a success. I have sponsors,those who believe in the cause i live for, who helps with donations and contributions. Also,i am skillful in fund raising,so i generate funds from friends and family as well as spending my pocket money..I just need to!

COLLEGE PROFILES: That shows how committed you are,that’s brilliant……..but how have you been coping doing all these with your studies?

OLUWASEUN:
To be candid,it has been tedious but God has been faithful. I am in one of the tough department(BIOCHEMISTRY) but i must tell you that i am doing absolutely fine. Its just one natural luck;VERSATILITY!

COLLEGE PROFILES:
What has being the reactions of your parents to your social work?

OLUWASEUN: hmmmm…it has being hectic maintaining a good rapport with my parents at first but realising the impact i am making towards them,the community and myself.So,i must say we are getting along well now on my extra-academic obligations.
COLLEGE PROFILES: who are your role models and mentors?

OLUWASEUN: My role models are Martin Luther King,Jr and Pastor Sam Adeyemi and my mentors includes Joseph I.Oderinu,Kunle Awotiku and Japeth Omojuwa!

COLLEGE PROFILES: where do you see yourself in the next 5 Years?

OLUWASEUN: As someone with no future-telling or soothsaying ability,i cant categorically pinpoint my status by then but i need to stress it that in the next 5years,i see myself; -training world leaders. -helping the poor and the underprivileged -adding values to the lives of all individuals that i can reach. -fulfilling my earthly purpose with a keen focus on heavenly home.

COLLEGE PROFILES: what advice do you have for your fellow undergraduates?

OLUWASEUN: I will like to implore undergraduates that the campuses they are is like an experimental lab where you extrapolate the skills,either learnt or natural(potential) that you have, using trial and error method to see if it will work towards pursuing and acheiving your purpose in life. Also,they should create value for themselves by highligting communal and personal problems and then providing solutions. Finally,fulfilment in life is not a function of the number of certificates you have or the millions you possess but by the number of lives you are able to touch positively. In other words,touch a life and make a mark TODAY!

COLLEGE PROFILES: what do you have to say about collegeprofiles?

OLUWASEUN: Collegeprofiles is such a great platform to appraise undergraduates doing well in other facets of life towards touching lives aside from their academics while encouraging the upcoming ones who are yet to venture into anything. I will appeal to collegeprofiles to keep up the great work!

COLLEGE PROFILES: Thanks so much for your time MR OLUWASEUN

OLUWASEUN: You are always welcome.
Collegeprofilez

Collegeprofilez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ask questions or share your views.

Powered by Blogger.