Latest Profiles
recent

An Interview with Oke Oluwajoba Gideon, an expert on his drums...

Oke Oluwajoba Gideon is an undergraduate student of  OAU ile-ife , Osun State. He studies law in school but he is also affecting life and blessing humanities in his own way, despite being a final year student of LAW, lets hear from him...
CP: Can we meet you sir?

Gideon: I  am Oke Oluwajoba Gideon,politically and popularly known as Barry'G. I am a christain by birth,i am in my mid 20s, an undergraduate of one of the best universities in Nigeria,Obafemi Awolowo University,precisely a final year student 

CP: What does your background look like?

Gideon: Talking about my background, I am a native of IGBAJO,Osun state I was born over two decades ago into the family of OKE. Attended st mary catholic primary school, & seventhday primary school lagere ile ife. Growing up was fun, yah,it was really fun,i am the first of Six, at tender age,i wasn't the type that go out,with the kind of parent i have, they mandated me to stay indoor, no doing of house chores, all i was expected to do was reading my books all day, i must confess i hate reading, i read for ten minutes,then i doze off,what also made growing up so much fun were the kinds of siblings i have, so lively and lovely ones and also the kind of friends i kept in primary school in those days were really amazing. 

CP: Tell us about your Education.

Gideon:  Talking about my education, after primary school i proceeded to Adventist college modakeke, then later to Royal comprehensive high school,where i graduated in 2008, i did my first JAMB, i chose adeyemi college of education as my 1st choice, not because i wanted it but just because i thought i wouldn't pass jamb, since Adeyemi requires a lower cut off mark below 200 which was the general cutoff mark back in those days,  but to my surprise i passed jamb and also passed the post  utme, although i wasn't admitted,  then i obtained another form then opted for law and i chose OAU, today i am one of the finalists in the faculty of Law, OAU. All thanks to God who made it possible...... 

CP: Can you please tell us some of your works?

Gideon:  About my works, people say i am multi-talented, but i am yet to discover that, i do a lot of things, i would rather say i am jack of all trades, and one day i would be master of all by HIS grace, I am a web  developer, blogger, a writer, talking drummer, guitarist and a human right activist/lawyer in the making. Presently i major on web development and the talking drum..


CP:  Could you please tell us some of the impacts your works you have done?

Gideon: On the impact my work has made,talking about playing the talking drum, i have featured in few albums, i minister in concerts, shows,church anniversaries,wedding engagements and receptions, i personally believe lives are led to Christ under my talking drum ministrations, also makes people dance in the presence of God forgetting their sorrows is another credit. I must tell you, people love dancing to the rhythm of the talking drum. I have been able to impact lives by teaching them how to play talking drums. Thank God today i have not less than ten of them who now plays the talking drum perfectly and there is this joy that comes from within me whenever i see them playing by this i think i have also enhanced and promoted our fast fading African culture. I am also working on a site where video clips can be uploaded and shared. 

CP: what has being your parent's reactions to your works?

Gideon: What a lovely parent i have got, they have always being in support of whatsoever REASONABLE thing i do, they are supporting and encouraging, they are in full support of all my projects.

CP:  How do you finance your trips?

Gideon: financing trips has not been rosy,  but God has always been there for me, i get finances from my parent,uncles,stipends collected at concerts and shows,e.t.c 

CP: How do you cope with studies?

Gideon: Coping with studies, hmmmmmm ... you know Law is not a very easy course, no course of study is even easy,i just try to strike a balance between my academics and my social life,,,and it has been a worthwhile experience... 

CP: Who are your role models and mentors?

Gideon: My mentors are prof. wole soyinka, Barrister Femi Falana and alhaji lamido sanusi.... 

CP: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Gideon: I see myself in my chamber, practicing as a solicitor and also becoming a music producer...... 

CP: what advice do you have for your fellow undergraduates all over the world?

Gideon: My advice to all undergraduate is that they should all be dedicated to their academics and be focused on their goals and in all their endeavors they should acknowledge God.... without HIM we are nothing...."students let us all trust in our maker with all our might and acknowledge him and he will surely direct our paths. The labour market is a favour market for us all...amen 

CP:  What is your view about collegeprofilez?

Gideon: College profilez is a very good innovation, helps in tapping from the wealth of experiences of Nigerian undergraduates so that others could learn from it...kudos to the brain behind this..

CP: Thanks for your time Mr Gideon.

Gideon: You are welcome.
Collegeprofilez

Collegeprofilez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ask questions or share your views.

Powered by Blogger.