Latest Profiles
recent

Meet Edafe Omuabor a young Doctor in Training and the Founder MED-Q Inc.

Edafe Omuabor is a young passionate and energetic doctor in training who has caught a great vision which he is working on even while at the training, his vision has started to affect several lives as his own way of giving back to the society, lets meet Edafe Omuabor...


Please can we meet you?

I am Edafe Omuabor, the CEO/Founder of MED-Q Inc®.—A Healthcare/medical company that was created with the aim of revitalizing the health industry using technological innovations to solve global health issues and problems, to equip people to manage their own health, to facilitate the consciousness of healthy living and the right to live, and to give voice to the health sector thereby fostering economic growth for the health industry and nation at large.  Also I am a strategist, a healthcare entrepreneur, author, health blogger and the MED-Q TV host. My contributions were featured in popular magazines like Medipearl, etc. I am the co-founder/president of You & I PROJECT™, Nigeria; an organization that is committed towards positive impact in the life of the young ones especially in the rural area through providing brain support/ educational materials and life support program. I am a member of the West Africa bloggers association, Emerging African Leaders, Young CEOs in Africa; I am a certified Leadership and entrepreneurship coach, a web developer and a medical doctor in training. I am very versatile, courageous and humble.
My assignment is to help save the life of people by giving them access to Health Information, writer, excellent thinker with a vast knowledge in telemedicine, general health, and effective advanced healthcare leadership/management, I am a lover of God who seeks ways to advance God’s kingdom anyway I can and to make life better for humanity through my resources (which includes human and material resources), and projects.

What does your background and education look like?            
I come from a Christian home; I believe in education so much knowing that education is one of the keys that unlock the mind of an individual. I attended Loral International Nursery and Primary school Festac Town where I was the best graduating student and best footballer. I was also very sound academically and was given a scholarship to Suleja, Niger State but my parent turned down the offer due to the mishaps in the north that is meant for only Gifted kids. Later I gained admission into the awesome Federal Government College Ijanikin, Lagos on merit and  had 10 As and 3Cs in my Junior WASSCE, which granted me automatic access to the Science class. I strived very hard both academically and sport wise. I came out with distinctions in my WASSCE. I represented my school on track events (relay race), though I was the smallest amongst my school team but I did wonders on field. I had won many laurels I can’t start mentioning now but on my graduation I was given a special award by my principal for representing my school. I wrote my Jamb and scored 270  making me gain admission to study  Medicine and surgery at DELSUTH, Nigeria.

What do you do at MED-Q?
MED-Q® is a Healthcare/medical company that was created with the aim of revitalizing the health industry using technological innovations to solve global health issues and problems, to equip people to manage their own health, to facilitate the consciousness of healthy living and the right to live, and to give voice to the health sector thereby fostering economic growth for the health industry and nation at large.
Our mantra for success is to foster and promote growth and excellence in healthcare service delivery and creating more effective healthcare systems. Certainly,
MED-Q is a sure formula that would spare medicine/health knowledge from a future of downward mobility.
Our VISION is to Re-image and Rebrand the health sector via innovation and Our OBJECTIVES are;
*To democratize medicine and bring more players and more slices of specialization into the medical field
*To ascertain that the phrase ‘’Health is Wealth’’, which may come to represent innovation in the new global health economy
*To facilitate health enterprise and make certain a delivery of the healthcare future
*To give both the poor and the elite citizens equal access to health knowledge and services
*Improve maximum access to healthcare
*To give same level playing ground in Medical Information Accessibility (MIA) for all class of the society
*Advance Health Management
*To create an environment where people can fulfill their potential
*To unify and give a sounding voice to all players in the field of medicine/healthcare thereby making the health sector a relevant and significant part of the nations and global strength and economy
*Creating horizontal collaboration among health players, because you can do a project on your own but you can’t solve a big problem on your own
*To celebrate everyone who has one way or the other played a vital role and made a difference in the healthcare sector, thereby encouraging and empowering them to do more.

One may ask, or in your mind you may be wandering why the name MED-Q, please allow me to put you through so that you’ll see that we didn’t just erupt from nowhere, rather our company is here for reasons to help humanity, as Mohammed Ali once said “SERVICE TO HUMANITY IS THE RENT WE PAY FOR OUR SPACE HERE ON EARTH’’. Our company name has a significant meaning, ‘’Q’’ in our name represents and signifies the fact that every profession can bring solutions into the healthcare industry, for example in our company, our team comprises of high skilled professionals and personnel, and that includes healthcare programmers, media, I.T personnel’s, chartered accountants etc. ,also we recognize children too ,all to solve health issues, so we believe that no matter what sector, profession or career path you took, or even what age group you belong to, you can proffer long-term and creative solutions to the health problems in Nigeria and Africa and ultimately make the world a better place to live.
As you know, Health has come to be the elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about and to analyze a country’s performance without reference to healthcare is ridiculous. So it’s time for medical/healthcare industry to embrace the positive and later side of the economic laws of gravity, as it is said “What goes up must come down”, but in this case, it’s time for it to go up and never come down again and MED-Q is certainly pioneering that because a healthy nation is a wealthy nation.
So, MED-Q is here to ensure programmatic excellence in health, create standing medical feats of imagination, and reduce survivors of humanitarian agencies thereby saving lives, also giving that technological innovation could remove critical barrier to solving an important health problem.

What has being your drive?
There are many challenges and opportunities which are evident in the health sector, and each day, I have tried to look at humanity especially in Africa to see what I can do to help and alleviate human sufferings to the barest minimum, more especially health wise which is why MED-Q decided to start by improving access and knowledge to primary healthcare through our Health Club’s Model initiated in all Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels. You will be hearing from us soon.

How do you combine this with schooling?
(Laughs), Education is as important as anything and to our endeavor, but the truth is that THE MEANING OF LIFE IS TO GIVE LIFE A MEANING. I joggle both, though challenging but it’s worth it, I try to balance both and every other aspect of my life.

What drives and motivates you?
Hmmm, passion for what I do and excellence. My friends would always tease me that I have high taste and appetite for good things and new horizons,(laughs) not that it’s true, but I sure do hate mediocrity. A man with Vision never cares until he gets what he wants. I think I am a man with great passion for sound health; i have attended almost all health conferences you can think of in Nigeria, so I know what Nigerians lack and need.


 What is your greatest challenge?
There’s no undertaking or venture without a challenge, but the fact that in Nigeria, the health sector is being   given a less priority among other sectors neglecting the fact that the health economy of a nation is a fortress and a grip to other sectors, this is manifested in our National Yearly Budget, that is why we came out with the MED-Q Health Magazine so as to help people manage their own health themselves by getting informed. Information is the key.

How have you been able to raise start-up capital?
(Chuckles) wow, that’s a non-escaping question, but I will say I was able to start through supportive partnerships. Passion Persuades, most times I use my savings and God has been faithful… a man with Vision never cares as long as he gets what he wants.

9).What is your latest project?
Well, we have a lot of projects at hand but by Med-Q Health Magazine will be going to at least 10 schools to teach the students hand hygiene, people don’t know that hand is the easiest means to causing infectious diseases and diarrhea. So we are carrying out these projects in Lagos State and 24th of October is our health awareness campaign in Delta state...We have carried out a lot of events this year despite the fact that we started just this year. By December 2015 we will be launching our magazine officially. October 2015 we have breast cancer awareness campaign and 15th October is Global hand hygiene Day. I was also a team captain for the just concluded Guinness World record breaking Breast cancer awareness campaign organized by Sebeccly. I have also interviewed great men and women doing great things related to health such Nkechi Azinge(she was given a special honor and award by Queen Elizabeth for her works on sickle cell anaemia), the multiple award winning Dr. Julz(she is the anchor of Tv programme WE THE DOCTORS and Health matters on cool fm), award winning Professor Samuel Achiefu ( inventor of cancer goggles, an eye glass which aids in detecting cancer cells in humans) just to mention a few.


Who are your mentors and Role-Models?
I have many who have impacted positively into me one way or the other in different capacity and fields of work, people who I have learnt from, from a distance, and people who I have learnt from their courage and works, and respect their values, some of those persons are; Mrs. Folorunsho Alakija (Richest black woman in the world), Dr Julz, Mrs Ogunlesi (CEO, Ruff n’ Tuffle), Professor Dr Samuel Achiefu (inventor of cancer goggles), Fela Durotoye, My Parent Mr/Mrs John Omuabor, my pastors Rev Chris Oyakhilome and David Oyedepo. My best friend Ijeoma Chiemela…..just to mention a few.

What advise(s) do you have for fellow undergraduates like you?
Study very hard and at the same time whatsoever dream you have, you have to chase it till you get a hold of it. Chase excellence and success will follow you.
I have to say that it is not enough to celebrate your potentials, you have to take full responsibility to realize it, remember SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION, IT IS AN ADVENTURE, I wish them the best, and thanks to all those who believe in me and in my dream.
MY SOCIAL PLATFORMS


MY FAVORITE QUOTE: This quote makes me strong; it was said by Martin Luther King Jnr “I don’t  know what the future holds but I know who owns the future”
God bless you real good.
Thank you!





Collegeprofilez

Collegeprofilez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please ask questions or share your views.

Powered by Blogger.